Design & development of embedded control systems & associated electronics. Comprehensive end to end solution, using the latest model-based design software tools to engineer high precision & accurate control of electric & hydraulic actuation systems.
Strategies and methodologies used to good in effect on the high performance foiling catamarans in the last two editions of
Rapid test and iteration of control strategies with real hardware such as drives and motors (PM synchronous motor,
High fidelity closed-loop controls leveraging low-latency I/Os and FPGAs
Real-time testing of controls algorithms
Embedded design optimization using a real-time system data
- Preventative maintenance – Used to detect & prevent impending failures of critical equipment such as control valves and sensors
- Adaptive control strategies
- Elements of autonomous control – Provides the ability of the system to act independently of direct human control under unrehearsed conditions
- Autopilot Controllers
- Specialist Human Machine Interface (HMI) Design and Implementation Experience
- Using software and hardware implementation requirements to generate code for embedded deployment and create test benches for system verification, saving time and avoiding the introduction of manually
Use Model-Based Design to improve product quality and reduce development time.
Key features of Model-Based Design used for marine applications;
- Common design environment
- Link designs directly to requirements
- Integrate testing with design
- Refine algorithms through multidomain simulation
- Automatically generate embedded software code and documentation
- Develop and reuse test suites
Reduce Risks and Save Costs
- Systems are configured to meet the project specific I/O, sample rate, and environmental requirements now and in the future.
- No need to redesign complete controller designs in early stages: Systems can be expanded with additional I/O in the future, and CPU with higher capacity in case sample rate and frequency requirements increase.
- Automate extensive tests with physical hardware at a very early stage, and reduce the likelihood of costly design flaws
Reduce Design-to-Implementation time
- Seamless model-based design workflow support along the entire development cycle including modeling, prototyping, testing, documentation, and embedded integration
- Continuously try new ideas and concepts using a independent development platform
- Hydro foil appendage control
- Self-steering autopilot systems
- Canting Keel Systems
- General sailing hydraulics
Specialist Human Interface Design (HMI)
Specialist interface design between the control & instrumentation system and its operator to greatly impact efficiency and ease of use and promote a harmonized connection between the two.
In-depth knowledge of compliance with all relevant ergonomic, safety, and engineering standards
Clear definitions of the functional requirements, the operator’s level of expertise, and any communications/interactions with other systems provide the starting point in the knowledge-intensive design process.
Lymington Enterprise Centre, Ampress Lane, Lymington
Hants SO41 8LZ
+44 (0) 775 274 7695